· Announcements for Friday, October 24, 2014
· The Veterans of Foreign Wars is sponsoring an essay contest through The Voice of Democracy Scholarship Program. Each year over 40,000 high school students compete for over $2 million in scholarships. The deadline for entering the contest is November 1st. Please see Mrs. Thurston in Room 304 for more details.
· The 2014-2015 Student Ambassador Program from Senator Blake’s Office is now open-for seniors only. Information for the scholarship and related information is available in both the Guidance Office and the Main Office. Deadline is October 31st.
· Boy’s lacrosse will practice on Sunday from 10 to 12pm at Convery.
· Cross country uniforms must be washed, zipped up and returned Tuesday between 2:45 and 3:15.
· Members of the Dean’s Team are asked to come to the Xavier Center at 1:25. Anyone taking a test should remain in class.
· Seniors who signed up for Scholastic Bowl are asked to see Mrs. Nagurney briefly after the Pep Rally.
· All elevator passes should be returned to the Main Office or to Mrs. Nagurney at the end of the day.
· Chorale rehearsal on Monday after school in the backstage area of the Bellarmine.
· Our Young Scholars competition still needs student volunteers. Please come and score or time the Jeopardy style competition on November 1st. Sign up at Main Office.
· If you ordered an Ignation Nation shirt that you have not paid for, please pay the cheerleader you ordered it from as soon as possible.
· Homeroom 2B will NOT be doing a pumpkin on Monday morning. Will the homeroom rep see Mrs. Cuff at the end of the day.
· The PROTECT Club will be hosting the first annual homeroom pumpkin decorating/carving competition. A reminder that you may enter your creations starting next Wednesday.
· Winter sports are right around the corner. Monday, November 17th is the official start date for winter sports. Students must register online and hand in the proper paperwork to Mr. Gower or Mrs. Zeleniak in order to be eligible to participate.
· Attention PROTECT Club, there will be a brief but mandatory meeting today after school in the library. New Members Welcome.
· There will be a Seasons of Love dinner Sunday at Good Shepherd Church. Volunteers should report to the Church at 12:30.