· Announcements for Wednesday, October 22, 2014
· The Veterans of Foreign Wars is sponsoring an essay contest through The Voice of Democracy Scholarship Program. Each year over 40,000 high school students compete for over $2 million in scholarships. The deadline for entering the contest is November 1st. Please see Mrs. Thurston in Room 304 for more details.
· The 2014-2015 Student Ambassador Program from Senator Blake’s Office is now open-for seniors only. Information for the scholarship and related information is available in both the Guidance Office and the Main Office. Deadline is October 31st.
· All freshmen cross country uniforms must be washed, zipped up and returned tomorrow between 2:45 and 3:15.
· There will be a Model UN meeting after school tomorrow in Room 001. It is mandatory that anyone who signed up for the Washington DC trip attend tomorrow's meeting.
· On Friday, November 14th the annual Scholastic Bowl competition will take place at the Radisson Hotel in Scranton. Scranton Prep would like to send a team to this multi-discipline event. Any senior interested in competing should see Mrs. Nagurney this week.
· The Apologetics Club will convene today in Room 200 to analyze morality and ethics and their place in Christianity and Atheism. All who wish to participate in or listen to respectful discussion are encouraged to attend.
· There will be a Spanish Club meeting for any sophomore or junior interested in joining in Room 204 at 2:40 on Thursday. This first meeting will be brief. If you do not currently take Spanish but are interested in Spanish culture please join us.
· Girls JV soccer uniforms must be returned today between 2:45 and 3:15.
· Winter sports are right around the corner. Monday, November 17th is the official start date for winter sports. Students must register online and hand in the proper paperwork to Mr. Gower or Mrs. Zeleniak in order to be eligible to participate.
· The 19th annual Young Scholars Program will take place Saturday, November 1st. Student volunteers are needed to be greeters and scorers. The hours for this event are 8am to approximately 10am for most volunteers. Please sign up at the Main Office if you are interested in giving your time that morning.
· Attention all Archery Club members: You MUST MUST reserve your spot for tomorrows meet by 4pm today in order to participate.
· Student Choir will rehearse tomorrow after school in Room 10.
· There will be a Seasons of Love dinner Sunday at Good Shepherd Church. Volunteers should report to the Church at 12:30.
· There will be a Cupcake Club meeting tomorrow after school in Room 214. All are welcome to attend.
· A Homeroom vs. Homeroom Can Drive will end on Friday, October 24th. The homeroom that collects the most cans will receive "The Golden Can" Trophy.
· The Creative Writing Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 311. New members are welcome.
· Chess Club will meet today after school in the Dining Hall. All are welcome.
· The next Business Leadership Club meeting will take place today at 2:45 in Room 101. Bill Bender Jr., a stockbroker and financial advisor from Merrill Lynch: Bender Wealth Management Group will be speaking about his career in business. New members are welcome to attend this meeting.