· Announcements for Tuesday, October 21, 2014
· The Veterans of Foreign Wars is sponsoring an essay contest through The Voice of Democracy Scholarship Program. Each year over 40,000 high school students compete for over $2 million in scholarships. The deadline for entering the contest is November 1st. Please see Mrs. Thurston in Room 304 for more details.
· Boys JV soccer uniforms must be returned today between 2:45 and 3:15.
· The 2014-2015 Student Ambassador Program from Senator Blake’s Office is now open-for seniors only. Information for the scholarship and related information is available in both the Guidance Office and the Main Office. Deadline is October 31st.
· On Friday, November 14th the annual Scholastic Bowl competition will take place at the Radisson Hotel in Scranton. Scranton Prep would like to send a team to this multi-discipline event. Any senior interested in competing should see Mrs. Nagurney this week.
· The Apologetics Club will convene tomorrow in Room 200 to analyze morality and ethics and their place in Christianity and Atheism. All who wish to participate in or listen to respectful discussion are encouraged to attend.
· The Classical Languages Club will NOT meet today in anticipation of next Tuesday’s Halloween Classics Extravaganza. Don’t forget to come next week!
· There will be a Spanish Club meeting for any sophomore or junior interested in joining in Room 204 at 2:40 on Thursday. This first meeting will be brief. If you do not currently take Spanish but are interested in Spanish culture please join us.
PROTECT Club Members:
If you signed up to make the announcements for next week’s event, there will be a brief meeting in the library after school today.
· Winter sports are right around the corner. Monday, November 17th is the official start date for winter sports. Students must register online and hand in the proper paperwork to Mr. Gower or Mrs. Zeleniak in order to be eligible to participate.
· JV girl’s soccer uniforms must be washed and returned tomorrow between 2:45 and 3:15.
· The 19th annual Young Scholars Program will take place Saturday, November 1st. Student volunteers are needed to be greeters and scorers. The hours for this event are 8am to approximately 10am for most volunteers. Please sign up at the Main Office if you are interested in giving your time that morning.
· Student Choir will rehearse Thursday after school in Room 10.
· Practice for Bloomsburg Math contest today in Room 201.
· There will be a Seasons of Love dinner Sunday at Good Shepherd Church. Volunteers should report to the Church at 12:30.
· Attention faculty members on the 2nd floor: please leave your Smartboard and cabinet open for after school tutoring. Thank you.
· There will be a Cupcake Club meeting on Thursday after school in Room 214. All are welcome to attend.
· There will be a mandatory Speech and Debate meeting after school today in Room 1 for all those competing in this weekend's Wilkes University tournament.
· A Homeroom vs. Homeroom Can Drive will end on Friday, October 24th. The homeroom that collects the most cans will receive "The Golden Can" Trophy.
· The Creative Writing Club will meet Thursday after school in Room 311. New members are welcome.
· Chess Club will meet Wednesday after school in the Dining Hall. All are welcome.
· There will be NO football cheer after school today.
· The next Business Leadership Club meeting will take place tomorrow at 2:45 in Room 101. Bill Bender from Merrill Lynch, Bender Wealth Management Group, will be speaking about his career in business. New members are welcome to attend this meeting.